French Lick’s four-season family vacations
For 170 years, families have been gathering at French Lick Springs Hotel, a classic American destination tucked away in its own resplendent Midwest resort. Here, surrounded by the Hoosier National Forest, families can enjoy two historic hotels during their French Lick stay. (And no matter the season, there’s plenty of fun to be had for the whole family.)
Spring break family vacations
At French Lick Springs Hotel, expect a full week of family fun during your spring break family vacation. From nostalgic lawn games like Capture the Flag, to FootGolf, a sport that’s sweeping the nation, families can enjoy this Midwest resort’s expansive lawns, along with four golf courses, including the famed Pete Dye Course, host to the Senior PGA Championship in the spring.
And if parents need a break from all the springtime action, the resort’s KidsFest program provides organized activities for youngsters. While the kids are enjoying everything from KidsFest Lodge cooking to hotel stable adventures, Mom can venture off to The Spa at French Lick for some well-deserved pampering, while Dad can hit up the 42,000-square-foot casino for some Las Vegas-style gambling. (If parents need some romantic retreat ideas, French Lick offers those, too.)
Mark your calendars, French Lick Resort spring events:
- May 8-10, Celebrate Mom Weekend: Invite mom to a special Mother's Day celebration at French Lick Resort. Enjoy a variety of dining options from brunch to dinner and everything in between.
- May 19-24, Senior PGA Championship: Spectators can “Walk with History” at the most historic and prestigious event in senior golf at the Pete Dye Course at French Lick Resort in Indiana.
The best summer vacations
Just a two-hour drive from Indianapolis, the Hoosier National Forest surrounds French Lick Resort with a host of recreational adventures for the whole family. Five miles of hiking trails wind throughout the property, where the area’s historic salt residue attracts wildlife. And if your four-legged family member needs some hiking time, too, bring him along. French Lick Springs Hotel is considered one of the most pet-friendly hotels in Indiana thanks to the activities geared toward Fido. Can you say costumed pet parades?
But nothing says summertime more than a day at the pool. Guests can enjoy the French Lick Resort’s two pools, where many of the hotel’s summer holiday festivities, such as pool parties and family cookouts, go down. The pool is also the perfect place to catch a Dive In Movie on the big screen while enjoying s’mores. (Planning a family reunion? French Lick Resort is also the perfect setting for a summertime get-together.)
Mark your calendars, French Lick Resort summer events:
- June 19-21, Celebrate Dad Weekend: Invite dad to a special Father’s Day celebration at French Lick Resort. Enjoy special golf packages, along with all the activities the resort has to offer.
- July 3-5, July 4th Celebration: With as much history as the holiday itself, there’s no better place to celebrate than French Lick Resort. Enjoy everything from pool parties to family cookouts, plus fireworks and more.
- August 21-23, Jazz Under the Dome: Experience 20 hours of live jazz at French Lick’s sister property, West Baden Springs Hotel. There’s no cover, no drink minimums, just unadulterated jazz.
- August 27-30, LPGA Legends Championship at the Pete Dye Course: Practice rounds are slotted for Thursday with a Pro-Am Sponsor match set for Friday. The championship gets underway Saturday and Sunday.
- September 4-7, Labor Day Celebration: End your summer with a bang at French Lick Resort, one of the best family summer vacations, packed with golf, bowling and tennis, plus pool parties, horseback riding and more.
Fall getaways at French Lick Resort
Fall is the perfect time to enjoy the Hoosier Forest’s colorful foliage. Buffalo Trace Trail, named for the buffalo tracks that once ran through the property, provides more than 6 miles of biking trails that take families to the top of Mount Airie, a perfect way to explore Indiana in the fall.
If you’re an Indiana family on October school break, French Lick Springs Hotel is the perfect place for fall break vacations. Families can enjoy most of the same activities served up in the summer, along with some of fall’s own unique and nostalgic events, such as 19th century baseball.
Mark your calendars, French Lick Resort fall events:
- September 19-20, Vintage Baseball World Series: Imagine baseball played with underhanded pitching (and without gloves). That’s what you’ll find at French Lick Resort, where six Midwest teams recreate 19th century baseball.
- October 1-31, Fall Break Activities: From hiking and biking to horseback riding, this Midwest premiere resort destination offers ample choices for viewing the beautiful hues of red, orange and yellow.
- October 2-4, Concours d’ Elegance: Some of the rarest, most elegant and historic collector cars from across the country will be showcased on the beautiful grounds of French Lick Resort to raise money for Kosair Children’s Hospital.
A Midwest resort holiday break
In the winter months, French Lick Resort is transformed into a winter wonderland, starting in November when the resort kicks off its 50 Days of Lights with magical tree-lighting ceremonies. The holiday meals are as memorable as the decorations, and the list of festivities will certainly add to your Midwest resort holiday break.
Indoor recreation will keep the family busy. The Valley Links Golf Learning Center serves up tennis and basketball — all inside — while the hotel itself provides an indoor pool. For bowling enthusiasts, Pluto’s Alley offers six bowling lanes, along with arcade games, pool tables and Pluto’s Pizzeria, which serves up homemade calzones, savory stromboli and delicious pizza.
Mark your calendars, French Lick Resort holiday events:
- November 20-January 10, 50 Days of Lights: Experience French Lick Resort’s two magical hotels, filled with sparkling lights and wondrous displays, plus larger-than-life holiday trees. Santa and Mrs. Claus frequent the activities.
- November 26, Thanksgiving: Family time starts at the dinner table. Bring the whole family and enjoy hearty Thanksgiving Day spreads at both French Lick Springs Hotel and West Baden Springs Hotel.
- December 25, Christmas: At French Lick Resort, experience a sparkling Holiday Wonderland, take in the sounds of the season, create memories to last a lifetime and indulge in special Christmas Day feasts.
- December 31, New Year’s Eve: Whether seeking a luxurious, festive party or something just for the kids, New Year’s Eve activities at French Lick Resort will help you ring in the New Year.